Wednesday 13 July 2016

Update Time!

Things have been crazy busy since I last updated as I have been traveling back and forth to Michigan (and Indiana) and working and S is coming to visit this week. 

So many fun things have happened in the last three weeks, we celebrated 4th of July in Indiana, we found a home, I found a wedding dress and I have 50 days left on my contract. 

4th of July in Indiana was so much fun considering it started a day late with a cancelled flight and I could only get another one a day later! We met up with S's college friends and had a blast. Spent the weekend with his family eating and surviving the rain at Conner Prairie in the rain. 


The house hunt was so stressful and was resolved in the strangest but best way, S's room mate decided to move in with her boyfriend and S really loves the house so instead of her finding someone else to move in and us finding a home we decided that we would sign a lease agreement with her for approximately the next two years.

Since we found out I have been busy planing what I want every room to look like and on Sunday we hit Bed Bath & Beyond and Target and shopped like no ones business. We have bought almost everything for the bathroom and master bedroom which is a relief. Today we found a spare bed and will hopefully get that asap as my mom needs someone to stay when she arrives soon. 


Another exciting development involved our commitment ceremony for this year. Once we got engaged, we knew that we would not being able to plan the special wedding that we would want for friends and family from both South Africa and America so we decided to get married this year with our families present and then next year have the wedding in a church and reception for everyone. This year we will be getting married under a beautiful gazebo and I knew that I needed a dress to match. I was able to find one at Nordstrom from the Adrianna Papell brand and I cannot wait to wear it when I marry my best friend and soul mate. 

I tried on the navy but will wear the rose gold.
The last weekend was spent in Michigan, where I had the best time with S and the more and more I go the more it feels like home. One highlight of the weekend was that on Saturday night I made a South African Chicken Curry for S and my future in laws (recipe to follow soon).


Finally, I have just 50 days left on my contract so I am making the most of the time that I have left with the family and we will be travelling to Florida next week which should be a blast!!

Sorry for the long post. I hope you enjoyed reading! 

Love
Bronwyn

3 comments:

  1. So proud of you. And more than anything happy for you. I wish you nothing but a future filled with joy and happiness xoxo Mlibo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of you. And more than anything happy for you. I wish you nothing but a future filled with joy and happiness xoxo Mlibo

    ReplyDelete

What Bridal Shower Dreams Are Made Of!

I could not have asked for a more beautiful and special bridal shower! When S's aunt and cousin offered to host a bridal shower for us...